MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new as I have just bought a ZT+ 190, which is accident damaged and am going to repair and use the car for my own personal use.
I have some questions, and wondered if i could be pointed in the right direction.

Firstly does anyone know of a good source of parts, main things i need now is a front bumper 2002 model and some 18 inch alloys ( not sure of the name) but the ones with straight spokes. I have already located the body panels I need in the same colour (what a fluke)

Is the spare an alloy or steel wheel, or a dodgey space saver.

What is the correct tyre size on 18's

There will probabaly be more but cant think at the moment, any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks

Mark.

·
Registered
mg_zt
1,311 Posts
the alloy will just be an 18 " 'straight/s'

for the tyre size you're better using the same as on the rest of them (I'm assuming that you've got the old/damaged alloys with it).

A full size steel or alloy was an optional extra I believe so the only way to find out is to check

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Behind the bumper is an alloy crossmember this is bolted to the front of the chassis I do hope the chassis ends there are still straight otherwise you will have some fun.

Rover breaker in Nantwich can probably provide all the bits you will need

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
You should be able to get parts from Xpart at www.xpart.com - check there for your nearest dealer.

Back in 2003, a foam canister was standard equipment, with a space saver available as an optional extra.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmmmmm I bet its a bargain, but I would not buy that until it had been on a body jig and found within tolerance all round.....
Cosmetics are waste if its twisted.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The correct tyre size for 18in alloys is 225/45 x 18 but if you are replacing them all the 225/40 x 18 are a cheaper option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Hi, thanks for that, it really is a very light bump, would upload pics if i knew how!!!
She arrives tonight, cant wait. £1900 lighter i will be!!!
thanks mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damaged repairable.

The correct tyre size for 18in alloys is 225/45 x 18 but if you are replacing them all the 225/40 x 18 are a cheaper option.

Wish you the Best of Luck with it, I bought my first morris minor back from different insurance companies twice as a damaged repairable *
It worked out a cheap way to get a new chassis and get something to play Fleetwood Mac as loud as possible...........
Just make sure the alignments are OK. It not hugely expensive and the adjustments are usually minor and relatively inexpensive. Makes a noticeable difference to handling, tyre wear etc...

and pics when you can *

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well she has arrived, even more happier than before. Found sevice history in glove box, complete and was done 1000 miles ago, radio front was there too.

My mate who is a body shop manager came to see it, and said the damage is 'sod all' after a good inspection of everything and he said he would have bought it. For him to say that it must be ok.

Damage mainly consists of front bumper, two wings and both N/S doors, a repair to O/S door, and both rear arches need a small repair too. Two front struts are bent, and needs a set of wheels too.

Got wings and doors already, they were £240 and in the same colour!!!!!
so now need front bumper, Struts & wheels. searching Ebay for some after market wheels, but gonna take my time...want to get my choice right.

How can I get some pics to those of you who want to see them.

One last thing, does this engine have a timing belt or chain, dont want to take any chances.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts