MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that these have been mentioned in some of the hard top discussions that have been doing the rounds....was there a comment that you have to be careful with these as some were not made to very high standards, and tend to leak a lot?

cheers

mikef

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I think the general concensus is that they don't fit very well. I have one for my TF and it is a bit of a pig. It fits fine on one side, but its a bit on the other side. No amount of adjustment seems to help. It fits fine at the front however.

When you stand at the back of the car, the back portion seems to be over to one side by about 10mm.

I have never had any problems with leaks or rubbing on the bodywork however.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
i have a herritage hardtop dont seem to notice this problem, the only problem i get is the window on the drivers side has a small gap at the front, all i do is just put the window down and up and it cures tht =)

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks chaps...any ideas on which make to look out for? They come up on ebay now and then...

cheers

mikef

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Mine was procured thru an MG-Rover dealer. They had 3 goes before they got it to seal properly. No amount of aftermarket care would fix the fact that it is physically ill fitting, as that is due to the fibreglass but at least they got it sealing properly on the third attempt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts