MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
761 Posts
Lovely car mate...

Mines is in BRG 3 Met and i think its just right for the car . I can't believe how badly mines is scratched compared to yours and it's a 51 plate !

Also does anyone know why the earlier 25's and 200's sit lower to the ground than the later ones ? - Mines is reaching for the sky. :)

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lovely car mate...

Mines is in BRG 3 Met and i think its just right for the car . I can't believe how badly mines is scratched compared to yours and it's a 51 plate !

Also does anyone know why the earlier 25's and 200's sit lower to the ground than the later ones ? - Mines is reaching for the sky. :)
The only reason mines sat like that is due to my GMAX lowering kit took 40mm off.

Mine is scratched quite badly in places. Just gotta get the weather to be out long enough to try polish or worst comes to the worst scratch-x them out.

·
Registered
mgf
761 Posts
I've heard the Gmax kit, kills your shockies ? Whats the ride like with them on ?

I got a tube of scatch-x too and an obirtal polisher, however theres no application instructions with the tube - do you know how to apply ?

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard the Gmax kit, kills your shockies ? Whats the ride like with them on ?

I got a tube of scatch-x too and an obirtal polisher, however theres no application instructions with the tube - do you know how to apply ?
lol no I didnt just get springs its the struts too. So it wont kill them. What it does do though is firm the ride a great deal. This is what I wanted though, the standard set up made me sea sick. To be honest the ride itself feels fine especially over the pot holes. The front ends fine dont feel anything over potholes etc but the back seems to get the brunt of it. I've asked people sat in the back though how it feels and they dont really notice any difference. Overall it feels good for a start. Obviously when the day comes that I get to experience coil overs etc I may change my tune but for the time being I'm happy.

As far as scratch-x is concerned I know what you mean but I'm trying my damndest to avoid using it. I havnt had time to try Autoglyms Super Resin Polish to get them out yet got it Friday and it hasnt stopped raining long enough to have a go at it. I think the polish should be enough though considering my minor scratches are exactly that minor and any scratch that might benefit from scratch-x are too deep and require rust treatment and a touch up.

I'll let you know how the scratch-x goes if worst comes to the worst.
And get some before and after shots on here.

·
Registered
mgf
761 Posts
lol no I didnt just get springs its the struts too. So it wont kill them. What it does do though is firm the ride a great deal. This is what I wanted though, the standard set up made me sea sick. To be honest the ride itself feels fine especially over the pot holes. The front ends fine dont feel anything over potholes etc but the back seems to get the brunt of it. I've asked people sat in the back though how it feels and they dont really notice any difference. Overall it feels good for a start. Obviously when the day comes that I get to experience coil overs etc I may change my tune but for the time being I'm happy.

As far as scratch-x is concerned I know what you mean but I'm trying my damndest to avoid using it. I havnt had time to try Autoglyms Super Resin Polish to get them out yet got it Friday and it hasnt stopped raining long enough to have a go at it. I think the polish should be enough though considering my minor scratches are exactly that minor and any scratch that might benefit from scratch-x are too deep and require rust treatment and a touch up.

I'll let you know how the scratch-x goes if worst comes to the worst.
And get some before and after shots on here.
Would be good to hear! May I ask how much you paid for the shocks and the springs including fitting as mines is very i can get a both fists under the arches !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts