MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. today i recived my tf from garage (new head gasket and water pump 750 pounds :( ). Now i'm realy confused because i realy dont know nothing about cars. so when i stop engin coolant is boiling and i hear same nois (boiling water )on the left side. temperature is ok. and one more when engin is on after couple minutes fun is turning on. as i said i' m very confused and i dont wont to get more trouble. is it normal ?? i like my car. its beautifull but cost me a lot. thanks for help.mike.
once again . soorry about my english.
mg tf 135 2002 33000 miles

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Hi

Someone may beat me to this but it is quite normal for the fan to keep going even when the car is turned off, but the boiling noise you are hearing doesn't sound good to me!! I'm sure someone will confirm this but I would take it back to the garage and demand they sort it out. You have paid £750 for them to sort it out and they should have it back to you in 100% condition. If it was me, I'd take it back in tomorrow.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,186 Posts
It doesn't sound like all the air has been removed from the coolant system and/or it needs a new coolant cap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about coolant cup?? should be tight ?? because my cup its 100%not tight and air comes out of this. what can happed if i dont put new one. is it dangerous for car ?? and where i can order new cup?? thanks

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,186 Posts
If the cap isn't on properly then that could well be your problem.

New caps are available from Xpart or Halfords.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
In any case i would go back to the garage immediately, sounds like there is still some air trapped in the system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i came back from garage. they are going to change coolant again. maybe air is still inside. they also said that tf engines are rubbish. :(.
one more question: air inside makes coolant boiling??

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
i came back from garage. they are going to change coolant again. maybe air is still inside. they also said that tf engines are rubbish. :(.
one more question: air inside makes coolant boiling??
I wouldn't take it there again if that is there attitude to a customer's car!!

How very dare they!!

You know what they say about bad workmen??

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Charming! If it were me, I wouldn't take mine back there. Hand over £750 and have them insult your car? Do they want repeat business? Where abouts are you, we're pretty national here so there should be someone around who can recommend a decent garage in your area.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts