MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering selling my Volvo and getting an SLK 320 or 230K as opposed to keeping the Volvo and getting an MGF VVC.

Hm.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Spikey521 said:
I'm considering selling my Volvo and getting an SLK 320 or 230K as opposed to keeping the Volvo and getting an MGF VVC.

Hm.
The Merc will be a nice car, but they have had some quality issues as we know.

With an MG, it would be a cheap car, so you would not be as bothered about parking it and getting jealous chav scum keying it, or putting miles on it.

If you do a lot of mileage, it may make sense to have two cars.

·
Registered
273 Posts
James C said:
Hell no, I'd love one
A new style one I hope, the old style mk1 is really is a girls car......even more so than the F!

And for the kind of money you'd have to spend on a mk1 SLK, there are definitely better options out there!

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
garyb0479 said:
A new style one I hope, the old style mk1 is really is a girls car......even more so than the F!

And for the kind of money you'd have to spend on a mk1 SLK, there are definitely better options out there!
I wouldb't buy one. But if someone gave me one I wouldn't say no :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I bought my MGF VVC from new, it was at the time Rover were having diffs in 2000 so I saved a pretty packet on the car. At the same time I looked around at the alternatives even going £10k more than the F.

What put me off the SLK is the automatic box, a new manual box at the time was £800 but only available on special order, not to mention the extra £££ when it comes to servicing. About £400 for a standard oil change

Wasnt fussed on the on the styling of MR2 or MX5 The only thing that came close to the F was the elise at £28k back in 2000. But thats a lot of money for what is essentiallly a go kart and it came with no stereo or carpets, so glad I went with the F even though I am not too keen on the hydragas setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts