MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sods law, while trying to zip up the rear window this morning in thunderstorm the zip came apart. Is it possible to undo the end and re zip like on a jacket.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Just like a jacket - sometimes, but not when you need to. Keep all tension out of the hood and you may get away with it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Sprinter,
Will give it a go when it ever stops raining, pouring down here at the mo.

A

·
0 Posts
Mine popped out right in the middle of the zip - its never gone back in properly.... :(

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
This is purely from memory so don't hold me to this but doesn't the zip have a sort of temporary "stopper" on the end that can be removed for just this reason so that you can take the zip right to the end and do it back up again?

And as Sprinter has said, if you put the hood back slightly then it will take all the tension out and make playing with the zip a lot easier.

Good luck mate!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Guys, just had a go at undoing the zip and redoing like a jacket. Managed to zip all round after 3/4 attempts but has come apart about one inch top corner passenger side, will leave it and just fold down insitu in future. Only other alternative is new window and as this one is only just 3 years old am reluctant to replace. Anyone any other idea's??

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Hunter said:
Well Guys, just had a go at undoing the zip and redoing like a jacket. Managed to zip all round after 3/4 attempts but has come apart about one inch top corner passenger side, will leave it and just fold down insitu in future. Only other alternative is new window and as this one is only just 3 years old am reluctant to replace. Anyone any other idea's??
Find a Coach Fitter and get a new zip sewn in. Or a sail maker. If you're near'ish to Heathrow there is a lady that fits windows (almost) while you wait. I'm sure she could fit a zip.

After quick forum search http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=66343&highlight=rear+screen+heathrow

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Sprinter I have just emailed sjm, owe you a beer, will you be going to Belgium in August?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did that this weekend, thought I'd properly buggered it. I put the hood down a bit and you can slide the zip out just like a jacket. Gave me a real fright, but thankfully I think someone had thought of that particular problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Helpppp!!!!

CAR: MG-TF

The Zipper (no the actual zip that goes all the way round) has just become brittle and cracked in half, so is now useless.

I have tried a few coat zips, etc. but they all join up but are too tight or too loose, does anyone know where I can get a replacement zipper for the back window, any spares? or shall I keep trying various zips

1 - 12 of 12 Posts