MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 160 wheels are very tatty (courtesy of the previous owner!). I want to replace them or get them refurbed. The wheels I like are the ones on the Freestyle F and the Ultralight wheels. I also like the 160 wheels.

What I would is pictures of TF's on the freestyle wheels and the UL wheels. If anyone knows where I can find them. Thanks peoples! :D

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Personaly I think the 160 wheels are the best looking ones on a TF, you'll also probably find it cheaper to get them refurbed rathr than buying different ones.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I realise this may sound slightly biased as I already have them, but I think the Trophy 16" alloys are the best looking.

The TF160 versions are far too finicky for my liking.

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the trophy wheels too. It just I can't find anywhere that sells them. (Apart from MS, but they're 17s)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Whats your budget?

Could be persuaded to part with these for the right amount of cash as they are currectly taking up space in the garage :dddc:
AFAIAA they are the only set in existence in F/TF fitment so exclusivity is guaranteed :D

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SHARKYMGF said:
Whats your budget?

Could be persuaded to part with these for the right amount of cash as they are currectly taking up space in the garage :dddc:
AFAIAA they are the only set in existence in F/TF fitment so exclusivity is guaranteed :D
They are very nice, but I'm not fond of black wheels. But they could be repainted...... :idea:

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chris T said:
Stiff why don’t have the wheels refurbished?
They are really bad, it would cost a lot to get them back to newish. And it would involve letting them having the wheels for a couple of days.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Stiff,

I've got bad news for you.

I'm not sure the multispoke (Freestyle) ones fit over AP brakes without a spacer.

You might want to try fitting one of Myrtle's wheels onto the front of Spyder to see if they fit and turn freely on your hubs.

As an aside, how much for your TF160 wheelage?

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Chris T said:
Are you starting a wheel collection?:lol:

Yes, Yes I am...

Seriously I am after Trophy or TF160 Wheels or preferably Cups.

I got Steve C's old wheels to allow me to sell my 16" Square Spoke wheels to raise funds for the new wheels.

I then plan AP brakes (with the necessary 1.5mm spacers if I go onto Cups)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
TF160SA said:
why ya parting with the wheels sharky? hmmm they are unique and truly light.
I managed to pick up a set of new TF160 wheels, I was intending keeping these for trackdays but could do with the cash at the moment.

I also have a PS1 and a PS2 (slim style) if anyone is interested...............

They are very nice, but I'm not fond of black wheels. But they could be repainted......
TBO I had been considering having them shot blasted and polishing them up to a mirror finish before having them laquered :D

And FYI they are nor actaully black, more grey, but pics dont seem to show that that well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts