MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to change the grill on my 1997 (Bubble Shape) Rover 214i but have no idea how easy its going to be or how to do it, or what to do! Any advice?

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
mg_zr
250 Posts
It's easy dude! Private me your email address and I'll send you the instructions I followed. Did the top grill in about an hour, was a piece of wee wee! Didn't colour code mine, liked the silver mesh against the purple look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ikga33 said:
It's easy dude! Private me your email address and I'll send you the instructions I followed. Did the top grill in about an hour, was a piece of wee wee! Didn't colour code mine, liked the silver mesh against the purple look.
Any tips on how i get to the grill? Do i have to take the bumper off? if so, how?!

·
Registered
680 Posts
If youve got a haynes manual, it has a simple step by step guide on taking the bumper off. If not, it's pretty easy to do really, only a few screws.

There is one screw behind the number plate which has to come out, the rest are located underneath the front of the bumper and in the front of the wheel arches. Simply unscrew all of these, doing the wheel arch ones first, then the ones under the bumper, then finally the number plate one, and your bumper will come off!

It's then easy to understand how to take your grill off, by simply looking at how it is connected. Are you meshing both grills or just the top one? I reckon both grills done in the same mesh looks best.

Tom

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If youve got a haynes manual, it has a simple step by step guide on taking the bumper off. If not, it's pretty easy to do really, only a few screws.

There is one screw behind the number plate which has to come out, the rest are located underneath the front of the bumper and in the front of the wheel arches. Simply unscrew all of these, doing the wheel arch ones first, then the ones under the bumper, then finally the number plate one, and your bumper will come off!

It's then easy to understand how to take your grill off, by simply looking at how it is connected. Are you meshing both grills or just the top one? I reckon both grills done in the same mesh looks best.

Tom
to get to the screw under the number plate would you just take the plate off or is it on the inside??

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
You take the number plate off....

wow, ressurected from the dead! Just glad someone has used the search funtion before starting a new thread :) :broon:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts