MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
cityrover
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from B&Q today i notice that my baby was not accelerating as she should, and when rolling to a halt in traffic was rather quick and the brake peddle almost solid. A quick check confirmed that the handbrake was OFF and that the tyres hadnt gone flat.
This condition remained with me for the 8miles or so to get home so i could check it out. Now after several attempts of applying the hand brake on the way home, everything went to normal just before pulling onto the driveway.

Now im glad that the brakes are working ok now, but it was quite scarey when the car came to a halt infront of me an i wasnt stopping as quick as im used too.

Does anyone have any ideas? :confused:

New front discs and pads 6-7weeks ago, plenty of meat on the rears. Nothing visibly wrong.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sounds like a sticking caliper. If ever I've thought one of mine was sticking I've gone round each wheel in turn to see which is hot. Needs sorting really as it could cause the fluid to boil and then you'll lose the brakes completely.

·
Registered
cityrover
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my initial thinking (after the tyres and handbrake lever were checked) but to just come off like that ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts