MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All You Rover Buffs Out There, Can Some1 Pls Tell Me Where I Can Find The Horn On My N Reg 220 Sdi???? Is It Under The Wheel Arch If So Which 1? Its Not Working, Ive Checked The Fuse Under The Bonnet, Thats All Ok Carnt Find The Horn Itself Or The Wiring? Pls Help Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hello All You Rover Buffs Out There, Can Some1 Pls Tell Me Where I Can Find The Horn On My N Reg 220 Sdi???? Is It Under The Wheel Arch If So Which 1? Its Not Working, Ive Checked The Fuse Under The Bonnet, Thats All Ok Carnt Find The Horn Itself Or The Wiring? Pls Help Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At a guess (never owned a 200) it will be behind the bumper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Horn????

Where Abouts Behind The Front Bumper? Top ? Bottom? Its Not Below The Landing Pannel I Can See Behind There, 220 Sdi N Reg
Passenger Side Or Drivers Side?

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's behind the front bumper on the nearside - The problem I had with mine turned out to be the horn switch on the steering wheel (I went to all the trouble of buying another horn off eBay, and then taking the bumper off & changing it - still didn't work!!)
Is it intermittent? (try pressing the buttons rapidly several times)

I sorted mine by using contact cleaner on the switches both sides - now works fine.

Be careful though, to do this you have to remove the driver's airbag, so make sure you are familiar with the safety precautions as explained in the Haynes manual.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts