MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one twll me the difference between 1.8 160 Sprint and the 1.8 160 VVC? I thought all 160bhp TF's were VVC's?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks well it says 160 on the car and so does the log book but it also says sprint I wanted to be sure. Thank you !!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
looblee said:
Great thanks well it says 160 on the car and so does the log book but it also says sprint I wanted to be sure. Thank you !!
Look at the rev-meter!!! if the red zone starts after the 7,000 rpm (7,250) then it is an 160!!!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
The Sprint was a special edition, available in both 135 and 160 versions.
The difference between a Sprint 160 and a normal 160 is the spec (they both have the same VVC engine).

The Sprint has bright pack (chrome ash tray, chrome handbrake button, chrome door handles and silver mesh grills), Sports pack 2 (16" 11 spoke wheels and AP front brakes with red calpers), smokestone interior trim with Gunsmoke Alcantara seats, matching smokestone hood cover, and coloured hood all included as standard. The Sprint was also only available in 4 colours.

All of these 'extras' were optional on a standard 160, so a non-Sprint 160 will not have all of the above unless the original owner specified them when ordering. (Sport pack 2 was standrad on the 160, regardless of if it was a special edition or not, so it was effectivly only an extra on the 135 Sprint).

FYI I used to own a Sprint 160 in Trophy Blue so if you need any more info let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thanks that really helps mine is grey with a grey hood and has all the silver trim so that fits the bill perfectly. I was just a bit confused about the vvc bit but I get it now !!thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts