MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a little old lady outside my house in a Mk3 214. She just gone over a speed bump and her cars cut out.

Ive checked the fuel cut out, ok, the HT leads and coil lead, all on and ok, the car is sparking.

Ive checked as many sensor plugs as I can see, all seem to be in order, it just wont start. Fuel guage says she has 1/2 tank.

What else can you suggest???

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant tell without taking the fuel line off and trying. Not sure I wanna muck around that much with someone elses car though!!!

Just wierd. She said she went up onto the bump, it cut out and now it wont restart. Must be a sensor come adrift surely.

As for fuel, I know the guage aint that reliable but still reading 1/2 tank when its empty!!! I suppose what ever reads the level might be stuck, what is it, a float??

Anyway, shes called the Green Flag now and I've done my good deed by getting her out of the middle of the road so, I'm going Crimbo Shoppin :(

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
someone else had this problem.........i think it was the user droog.

he went over a bump in his ZR and it cut out. i can't remember the exact problem but it was sum kind of sensor/relay that needed to be reset.

try sending him a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts