MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
rover_200_89_95
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, was just driving my car as usual... hmm thrashing it :twak2: ... and i heard a ping, then a bang (something hit the undercarriage), then looked out my rear view mirror to see a strip of metal, must have been about 1ft long bounce off the road and fly about 6ft into the air!! :eek: Thankfully no one was behind me, left them sitting at the traffic lights 200m back :D

Anyway, think something might have come off my engine bay, hit the road, hit the undercarriage ...... :confused:

Now I'm paranoid incase it's something important :errx2:

so please could someone suggest where on the engine bay (or under the car) to check to see if something is missing, and what it might be that's come off my car, would REALLY be appreciated... thanks :)

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
STcik your head under the car to see if you can see any knocks where something could have hit it hard. IF something did fly off, I am sure there will be visible signs of damage.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Most likely to be something lying in the road, and the air turbulence picked it up as you went over it, especially as you were 'thrashing it';).

Rich.

·
Registered
rover_200_89_95
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ideas, had a good look can't see anything missing :) have noticed the steering a bit heavy though on the front right hand side, and turning to full lock seems to take forever now :confused: and it clunks when it reaches full lock doesn't sound too good and last thing I want is tyre or suspension going at 90mph :wavecry: so any more ideas would be welcome, thanks all :)

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
I would get it checked out to be honest. If you think the steering isn't like it normally is then deffinatly get it checked out.

·
Registered
rover_200_89_95
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will have a quick look thanks :)

something else seemed to fly off today, actually looked like part of the tool kit from the boot, couldnt really tell and couldnt stop to look, seems kinda dangerous though...

going into garage tomorrow tho car is falling to pieces and throwing debris, not good! thanks all!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If there was anything missing...perhaps your car must have worked oddly. It might be just something that you hit under that you didn't notice or an effect of that flown sheet metal behind you. I also panicked before when a big guy, my friend's friend, entered into my previous car. I heard a sound that seems like the GM running board got wrecked or something. I stepped out of the car to check on it. And realized that I was just haluscinating. Maybe I just loved that car so much that I just don't want to see any dent or scratches on it.:O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts