MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up Rover 75 CDT Auto tourer, wife has been driving it for about 3 weeks, last couple of days it she has been having problems getting it out of 1st gear, and it's not been pulling. (she thinks gear box problem)I've taken it out tonight, it did the same for a bit, but felt like it was struggling to get fuel through, anyway gave it a blast, now seems to be ok, gear change is ok, kick down is okanyone advise ???cheersJockey

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update

Took it out after a couple of hours standing, ran ok for first 4 mile and then coming up a hill floored it, it got to 3000 revs and held that until I let foot off and it drop down a gear and then was ok.feels like fuel starvation, but I'm no mechanic !!cheersSteve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

Yes it is a diesel, basically been run around town, but taken it up motorway, Sheffield to Leeds this morning with no problem, lot of stop starting due to traffic.

Read a number of posts on problems with maf sensor, symptoms sound the same.

regards

jockey

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Try disconnecting the MAF sensor and it should get its low down grunt back but it'll be flat higher up the rpm range.

There is also a common fault with the in tank fuel pumps on these cars too I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts