MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
I think your pushing the standard 25 1.4 rig a little much as it is. I do hope this car is insured for all the modifications you've made....many are not. Expect the insurance to go north of a few grand for dropping a turbo lump in.
Not to mention the uprated brakes, suspension, sub frame, drivetrain system and fully reworked loom you'll need to go with it.
I'd buy a car with blown turbo lump already in it if I were you. There are better, safer ways then dropping a heavy T-Series into a car designed for 1397cc K series. A Nissan 200SX S14/15, R8 220 Coupe, MK4 Astra GSI etc will be far easier to insure, maintain and drive.
Think about it.
Don't be a ****wit and do this without telling your insurers. Many of us have had our cars hit by uninsured drivers and been left with big bills to foot. It ain't big or clever. Can't afford the insurance? Can't afford the ride! Stay off the road.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
I concur, the car will need diesel springs etc and whilst I'm not saying the chassis won't take a heavier lump, as you quite rightly point out, the 1.4 standard underpinning won't take it and there will be a massive change in handling. The T weighs nearly twice as much as the K. I'm just trying to say the shell and chassis was never designed to take a T series turbo, and as such it'll be hard work and seriously hamper the nimble handling unless set up with a level of expertise, like Rover ddi with the L series. Compensation and clever engineering.
Then like I said, try explaining it to your insurance....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.