MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rover 200 s reg. had my head done 12000 miles ago, noticted lately a slight leak around the head. now i have been told to use bar seal leak stopper as it is a fluid leak not oil and water. The car has been running fine, goes like stink but cos of the leak i left it for 2 weeks or a bit more outside the house. i drove it yesterday for the first time and it drove fine done a good few miles to test it, no probs. today drove it again seemed fine however tonight drove it and it started to judder when i put my foot down but only now and again. does anyone think that this is my head ****ed again or is it something simple like plugs, leads, cap etc. maybe the leads have broken down or damp.my uncle is a mechanic but is no longer interested in cars so i really need some help to solve this problem.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My Rover 45 had a leak as you describe, it had just had the hgf done when I
bought it, after about a month I noticed coolant around the head gasket line, it had also run down onto the clutch housing it then left a small patch on the floor overnight. However it turned out to be the inlet manifold at the throttlebody end, due to the engine being inclined to the front the water runs around the head gasket line and make you think OH NO NOT AGAIN !!
I presume your car has a distributor, if its been left a while your intermittent bad running could be damp, my old Rover 400 was terrible on a damp morning,

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
start at the cheapest cure and work your way up .
plugs then leads .....onto injector cleaner..........then come back if its still giving problems and we will go on from there.

all the best...mark

·
Registered
585 Posts
aboard_epsilon said:
start at the cheapest cure and work your way up .
plugs then leads .....onto injector cleaner..........then come back if its still giving problems and we will go on from there.

all the best...mark
I did all the above plus changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm etc., a good spray of silicone spray in and on the dizzy cap and on the leads stopped the dampstart problem, just spray it on and then wipe it off that's what i was told and it worked. Hope that's a help.... Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts