MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Whilst fishing around trying to check the connections under my seat to see what is triggering off the airbag, I discovered that both rear passenger footwells are soaking wet :(

The car is a pre-facelift ZT-T.

I am pretty certain they were dry yesterday when I put new mats in, and since then, although it has rained hard, I've only driven it after the roads dried out. The mats are not wet, just the carpets underneath. The sides don't seem to be wet on either side, so I can only assume it is coming in from underneath somehow? Puzzling, given that it is on both sides.

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Womble said:
Hi All,

Whilst fishing around trying to check the connections under my seat to see what is triggering off the airbag, I discovered that both rear passenger footwells are soaking wet :(

The car is a pre-facelift ZT-T.

I am pretty certain they were dry yesterday when I put new mats in, and since then, although it has rained hard, I've only driven it after the roads dried out. The mats are not wet, just the carpets underneath. The sides don't seem to be wet on either side, so I can only assume it is coming in from underneath somehow? Puzzling, given that it is on both sides.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Update - I can't be certain they were dry yesterday, as I've just discovered that when parked on the drive (sloping downward) the water all runs under the seats very quickly, and even to the touch it is hard to tell the back carpets have been wet....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Which way were you parked? Was the front of the car higher or the rear? This may help to pinpoint where the water was coming from.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EnEnGee said:
Which way were you parked? Was the front of the car higher or the rear? This may help to pinpoint where the water was coming from.
Parked on the flat after a 15 mile drive the water was in the rear footwells.

Parked nose down on the drive, the water ran through to under the front seats, but I don't think it has been any further than that at any point.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mmcomputing said:
Have you got a sun roof? If so check drainage pipes.

MM
I have indeed, but I also have absolutely no manual which would indicate the location of said drainage pipes!

If someone would care to provide muppet level instructions, I would really appreciate it! :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Womble said:
I have indeed, but I also have absolutely no manual which would indicate the location of said drainage pipes!

If someone would care to provide muppet level instructions, I would really appreciate it! :)
Sorry can't help directly, i just know that the drainage pipes if blocked or disconnected will cause your symptom. Somebody with the knowledge will be along soon.

MM

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Womble said:
Hmm... Trust me to be different and have water in the back when everyone else seems to get it in the front :lol:
If you speak to other 260 owners they will explain that water in the back is just as likely as in the front with the sunroof drains.

You could always get rid. Give me a shout if that is what you decide ;)

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MikeM said:
You could always get rid. Give me a shout if that is what you decide ;)

Mike
Sorry Mike.... There is absolutely noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chance of that!

Ever! :s2h:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts