MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a couple of issues I need to resolve

Problem 1

I have bought a Rover 75 2005 and the speedo is displayed in KPH I have sourced a 2nd hand Speedo in MPH and need to know how to change it over and what is involved with the odometer etc... should I just attemped to change the face plate and what happens when you unplug it at the back. Is all the infomation lost stored else where in the cars brain????? does it need reprogramming will I get an error code as you can tell I really just don't know and am keen to get as much advice before I start to strip down my nice new Motor???????

Problem 2

The car came with standard Rover radio cassette installed by third party and the steering wheel controls don't operate the radio does anyone know where I should start to track down the problem need a wiring diagram or something.

Thanks in advance

Fra

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Fra,

I had the same problem with the stereo in my ZT when I bought it but the solution is easier than you think. My local dealer was very good and explained that it is a simple wire connection from the controls to the stereo. If there is an XPart dealer near where you are they should be able to get the appropriate cable for you.

Sorry I can't be of any help with regards your speedo though!

Cheers
DEL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts