MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy a new tv in the sales needs to be at least 40/42 inch also needs to be good quality picture and sound dosn't need to be a smart tv got about £350 to spend please help as i haven't a clue cheers in advance

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just been down that road myself,It's a complete nightmare, in the CRT days it was easy,just what size or make do you want?

£350.00 will buy you a decent 40/42 screen my advice would be go and have a look and see what is available in store,stick to a good brand like Sony Panasonic or LG and you will be OK

·
Registered
933 Posts
32" tv

I just bought a JVC LT-32C740. TV from Currys.

It is a 32" smart LED TV which cost £220 which seemed to be better value than some of the others around.

Like most modern electronic gadgets it has many functions which I will never use but the main thing is that it gives a good picture on both normal and HD signals and has built in freeview, ITV, BBC, iPlayer, utube, internet, etc.

My local shop only had their demo left so I had to travel to another branch to get a new one.

It may suit what you are looking for.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New tv

Well got new tv but now want surround sound as I had before. My old tv had 5.1 system and connected to the tv with bare wires that clipped into terminals but the new tv didn't have them is there any way I can connect it to my new tv or do I have to buy a new system cheers

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I'm guessing new tv has either a coaxial out or fibre optic out. Find out which, then you will need a surround sound amp with the same type of connector and a cable. Try Richer Sounds or Maplin, as they are usually good with this sort of stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts