MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
Need a little bit of help and pointed in the right direction.
Just change cylinder head for a refurb on my 216 with K series 1.6 engine.
Now take time to start not on the button like before, on tick over very rough and cuts out when slowing down when it gets to less than 1100rpm
. Runs, sound great and pulls fine when doing more than 1500rpm
Have so far changed lambda sensor, ht leads and coil lead, dizzy cap rotor arm,plugs, temp sensor, a green coloured sensor in the side of inlet manifold just because i had a spare manifold with it in and the throttle body where the throttle cable attaches and have checked the timing and belt tightness . I have noticed since reading a few threads about timing i think the last person who owned my car might have timed it up 180drg out as on a thread i read it said that the locating dowels on the camshaft wheels should be, Inlet at 2oclock and Exhaust at 7oclock mine are the other way round. will this make a differance to the running of the car as i timed it up to the same as before i done the hg and it ran great then

Arthur

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Before I'd finished reading your post I was going to suggest timing. If it doesn't look right then it could be the pulley wheels have been swapped over. I'd retime it all up as per the book and see if it runs better then.
Poor starting and a lumpy idle is indicative of the cam timing being out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts