MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just bought a new TF (with glass rear window) and discovered both driver & passanger side floors are soaking wet. The dealer isnt really interested.

After a bit of investigation I can see the water is entering each side where the circular tubing (behind the dash and between the door posts) meets the door post. The tubings flange is spot welded to the door post and the water enters where not welded. But how is it getting there?????????? I could just seal this but would rather stop water at its source.

As this happens at each side I recon it must be a design fault. Has any one heard of similar problem or got an ideas.

Thanks in advance (Think this is a great informitive site)

·
Registered
mgf
439 Posts
Is it comming in where the Mirrors are? Maybe your widows are going up too high, if that happens the edge of the glass pushes into the seal just above the door mirror and water leaks in, that happens to me and I just have to make sure that I dont let them go up to high.

There is a way of adjusting them and if you got it from a dealer and its under warranty I would imagine they should sort it for you.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts