MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased my Rover 75, Great car runs like a dream until today. I have three problems I would like help with.

1, My ABS warning light has just come on, Could this be dirt on one of the sensors, or are they prone to faults.

2, My parking sensors when selecting reverse gear sound for about 5 secs and then go off, but when reversing I get no warning sounds.

And last of all the key fobs will not lock/ unlock the doors, the key in the lock works fine butr remotes do not. I have tried changing the batteries but no action still.

Can anybody help me ????????

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
not sure bout the abs light, you sure its not the handbrake light?

look in the rover handbook cause there should be a method as to resync the fob with the car once youve changed the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no definetly an ABS fault, but I am now getting that looked at this weekend, Tried the instructions int he handbook for the fob no good, Does anybody know of a Rover Dealer in Newcastle upon Tyne that can reprogram them ?

·
Registered
mgb
1,452 Posts
Nick Hoare said:
After changing the battry you have to press either button four times in quick succession and the door will unlock.
Not with a 75/ZT key, they are factory set and the car BCU is programmed to them.

A dealer will only be able to re-programme the car if you have the barcode for each key. It could be a common fault that is causing all three problems, first thing with electrical problems like this is to disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes, remember to keep your radio code. If that doesn't fix it, have a garage check for fault codes (not necessarily a dealer).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys for the help I will have a try of that as soon as I get the chance, i have somebody looking at the ABS on Saturday if it doesn't clear, I will keep you updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts