MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wot a nice mornin. anyway me horns broke , l have power to the fuse box for the horn under bonnet 1, is there any more fuse that it might or any suggestion y it stoped workin , n yes they are both connected under the fron bumper. wot the chances ov the switch brakin inside the steering wheel and is there anyway of testing them without removing the steerin wheel. any help thanx jay

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
The horn relay is not a separate item, it's contained within the MFU (Multi Function Unit).

Not sure about the -95 200 but the MFU is usually fixed into the rear of the fuse box and has two electrical connectors.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
think l mite go over to the scrappys and rip a wedge apart b4 l attack mine and brake somethin else.
so do l undo the the 2 bolts holdin the fuse box in , drop that and there be a relay behind it.

this is on a rover 220 wedge by the way

·
Registered
782 Posts
Get someone to push the horn button whilst you give the horn itself a "tap" with a hammer....it might just start working again :twak2:

DaveH

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
?????????

See my earlier post regarding the location of the relay.

The MFU is either a red or grey coloured unit clipped into the rear of the fusebox and has two electrical connectors.

Most models share the same unit.

·
Registered
782 Posts
How many connections does each horn have ? 1 0r 2
Easiest way to start off is to unplug the connection and connect them to a bulb (if you haven't got a test light) if you have only 1 connection then you will have to supply an earth for the bulb, if the bulb lights up your horns are knackered and try the "tap" test.

DaveH

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tested horns off the battery . they honked ok. just tryin to perswade the fuse box to move down low enough to see behind it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
carnt find nethin on back of the fuse box that looks like a relay just a mass ov wires. whats the black relay for on the front of the fuse box.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts