·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
The Car.....
2000 V REG CONNOISSEUR 2.OL
Oxford model 100k on the clock..
After various visits to this brill web site i have now got to post my own thread as i have a number of problems that i cant quite solve.
First thing is that i have not hot air coming through the heaters, well its luke warm but thats it, nor does it blow very cold, not AIR con cold anyway. Second thing is that the Rad fan works but comes on for about 5 seconds and then stops, the reason i know it comes on is that i checked the fuse and when i replaced it it came on, then went off after 5 seconds and has not come on again, even with the air con on or after a long journey on the hot days we have had. Third thing is that my water temp went sky hi on Tuesday and started to boil with steam out of the cap and overflow pipes, but thats the first time its happened.....i topped the water back up i lost and checked the oil and water cap for the white gunge as i had my heart in my mouth when i thought HGF but have been told thats rare on the k6 engine......im not loosing water but the heater and fan is a pain.....not even when my temp was boiling did the fan came on but it does work. Any help please guys and just to let you know im no mechanic and the words head, over, top, of spring to mind.....thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hi Wilco,

Think I may be the bearer of bad news - I think the fan is shot.

The Rad fan on a 75 works for both engine cooling and the Air/con.

In my experience the fan is rarely needed for engine cooling unless you get stuck in traffic or stop/start driving on a warmish day. The fact your motor overheated and you dont mention that you heard the fan (and you would have done cos at that point it should have been at the maximum of its three speeds) suggests that the fan was not working at the time.

The fan also needs to be working for you to get the required temp air out of the A/c.

Would suggest that you get the fan checked out ASAP.

There is a fair bit of info on the fans at :

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1371

If you do need a new fan SMC Trading on E BAy are currently selling them at £159 which is a bit cheaper than if you go to a dealer.

Hope this helps

DAvid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont mean to be rude but i have already said the fan works!!!!!!!!!
so its not the fan........not sure if you have read the post but i do state many times the fan WORKS but just not coming on at the time its needed........replaced fuse and it kicked in.....and every time i removed and replace the fuse it worked for 5 seconds then went off.....so i guess it works !!
I know your trying to be helpful but please read the post it put in full!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts