MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I having problems with a rover 214 from 1996.
Most of th times the key fob don't deactivate the immobilizer.... other times it take 20min or more, but fob works!!

I don't want to spend much on news fobs (if this is the case), so my question is:
If i deactivate the immobilizer with the Key access code (if i can get her!!) this will will be permanent? or i must enter access key every time?

thanks in advance

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The battery is good...
Last night i press remote and unlock doors and immobilizer in a second!!! then drive the car for 5 minutes and stop.... then i couldn't unlock or start again for 15min then i quit!! strange....

So if i don't use the fob the car will work only with keys? Forever?!
For me is no problem to have the car without immobilizer....
Now i just need to get the Access Code!!!

· Registered
8,195 Posts
...Last night i press remote and unlock doors and immobilizer in a second!!! then drive the car for 5 minutes and stop.... then i couldn't unlock or start again for 15min then i quit!! strange...
Dont quite get what you mean.
So last night you used the remote to unlock the door and it de-activated your immobiliser instantly? Then you drove for 5 minutes, got out of the car, locked it and then couldnt unlock the car OR start the car again??
Just out of interest, you arent trying to use the fob from slightly far away are you? Rover fobs are notoriously rubbish. If you are trying to use it from far away and the doors dont unlock and your using the key to enter the car and turn the ignition....it WONT work and the car WONT drive.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So last night you used the remote to unlock the door and it de-activated your immobiliser instantly? Then you drove for 5 minutes, got out of the car, locked it and then couldnt unlock the car OR start the car again??
Yes, i couldn't lock it with the FOB in first place.... but after i wile it rearms the immobilizer automatically

Just out of interest, you arent trying to use the fob from slightly far away are you?
No, closest i can get!

If you are trying to use it from far away and the doors don't unlock and your using the key to enter the car and turn the ignition....it WONT work and the car WONT drive.
After a wile i open the door with the key (the alarm doesn't sound), but the fob doesn't deactivate the immobilizer (even inside the car)

· Registered
8,195 Posts
Sorry if I am being a bit slow....
So, you cant use the fob at all? You are using you keys for everything? If thats the case, you can get a fob repair kit off ebay for a few pounds.
If you are happy without using the fob, then just enter your EKA code and you immobiliser wont ever arm again till the fob is used again.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, you cant use the fob at all? You are using you keys for everything? If thats the case, you can get a fob repair kit off ebay for a few pounds.
I can use the FOB times to times... yesterday i could open the door with it... but then it wont work anymore!!! maybe tonight it work again, then it wont work... and after 20min of trying it work.

If you are happy without using the fob, then just enter your EKA code and you immobiliser wont ever arm again till the fob is used again.
That was my initial question... because someone at a garage told me that i would need to enter the EKA every time i need to star the engine.
And because i dont known the EKA i must find a way of knowing it

· Registered
8,195 Posts
As said you can get a fob re-furb kit and fit a battery and see if that works

Well back to your initial question, the EKA code can be found by reading your manual as it should have the code along with your radio code, contacting an Ex-Rover dealer or looking online for such services (google, ebay). Failing that, using the search button will provide a bit more help as the immobiliser code problems come up a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts