MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to change my seats on my 400 saloon (bubble style), my mate has got a set but they are out of a hatchback, just really need to know if the back seats are identical, as on mine they still pivot forwards like the hatchback does. He lives an hour away so dont want to go there and find out that they are wrong. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
ive asked this questionn b4, and apparently seats from a hatchback can fit into a saloon (4 door) but the saloon back seats wont fit into a hatchback! hope this helps and if ive got it wrong im sure someone will say so! (by the way the seats have to be out of the same "type" of car ie bubble shape into bubble shape!)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
well i only know cos ive got a 1999 hatch-back, i was after leather seats for ages , i finally got some but they were from a saloon (4 door) they were in a scrappies so i thought i may as well have them cos at least the front seats would fit! anyway i got them out of the 4 door car and the back seats looked the same as mine in the 5 door1 (60/40 fold down and head rests and arm rests etc) so i got them back home and ive put the front ones in, and also the back (where your back rests against!-sorry dont know what they are calles!) went on (but i did have to change the brackets over!) ive not put the bottom bit!(bench! what you actually sit on!) on yet, it may be a bit of a potch but they should go in ok! the seats are different fits as in a hatch-back car the seats fold right down and the bottom bit can be pulled up to lay flat also! anyway what seats are you after! cos my old ones are up for sale!good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.