MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My 99 216 has been funny with the tyre pressures since i got it 1 year ago.
The front passanger side tyre will lose 20psi over a week and the rear driver side tyre will lose about 15 psi over a week.
The other 2 - front driver & rear passenger hold the correct pressure.

All four tyres are different and were fitted when i purchased the car. They look to be in good condition but I am getting annoyed athaving to pump my tyres every few days.

Is it possible there is something wrong with the tyres or valves or something to do with the wheel & how tyre sits on it?

I'd rather not have to pay for new wheels or tyres if I can help it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
its either going to be the valves or if the alloys are bad round the rim the alloys themselves put a bit of washing up liquid around the rim of the wheels and check for bubbles this will confirm if its the wheels themselves if not do the same with the valves

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Wheels rims, valves ! Has it not occured to you if they are losing pressure that quick there might be a puncture in two of them !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes i have a similar problem on mine the front passenger side seems to go down before all the rest, though the tyre is quite new. Its on alloys also.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Go to a tyre center is the only solution. They'll check the problem for free and then can re-seal the alloys if need be, change the valves or replace the tyres if they have a puncture. They shouldn't charge for a diagnosis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts