MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my name is michael i am 18 i live in westbury in wiltshir and i am looking for a rover 200 in my area wiltshire somerset and dorset this will not be my first car as my citroen ax got scrapped today had major rusting and the engine cut out.

michael

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Welcome to the forums Michael

What sort of budget do you have for your Rover 200? Have you got any particular model in mind?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Welcome.

And good luck in your quest for a 200. Shouldn't be too hard to find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i do like this shape alot not bothered on colour and i aint bothered bout how many doors it has just dont want it 2 have any dents and nothing wrong with the paintwork i no a few scratches will be there due to the cars age but that can be sorted.

michael

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
That is known as the MkIII or "Bubble" 200.

Any particular engine size?

1.4 is the most common. I'd advise against the 8v variant unless your insurance premium limits you to it. The 16v is a better performer at 103bhp.

You then have the 1.6, 1.8 and 1.8 VVC petrol engines.

Diesels come in 2 forms with the SD and SDI (The latter is the more powerful, avoid the former if you can).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thats kewl i would like a 1.4 to be quite honest with you as i am only young and insurance prices will be through the roof.

michael

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Good coice.

You just need to decide what features you want to get the right trim level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts