MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick Hi! I am new to Rovers but I just bought a 420 SDi the other day for commuting - I really wanted a 45, but not much happening in my price range.

Seems to be a really great value for money car, and nice drive, but going to start putting some changes on it to make it more comfortable and a nicer drive. will post in the right forum area about it rather than going on about it here. Will try and post some pics soon.

Anyway, hi, look forward to posting on here.

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Realised I didn't put anything about myself, I am living in SE London, but will be moving to Cambridge in about 3 months. In the meanwhile the 420 will be taking me up to cambridge every day for my new job.
Meanwhile my wife is at home with my 1-month old son on maternity leave.
I'm aussie, she's danish and our son is british (OMG!), so kind of fitting I've bought a british car at his birth.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You'll find a wealth of information in the Rover 400 / 45 & MG ZS area. Hope you enjoy your stay ;)

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Does look like a tidy 420.

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!
I got it with a new set of tyres & brakes, new alternator, service, and a nice set of Sony speakers!

only £50 for the RoverRon box, and it flies now! I'm really chuffed. I can't beleive the difference. I want to go drive it again!

Only issue is that the Aircon doesn't work - may just be a regas, I hope it is. And the seats just OK, want some leathers, will just have to wait for something local to turn up.

I did have one question - maybe for the 400 area - is it possible to install cruise control? I know some of them have it. Would be really great for me on the 1+1/2 hour journeys up the M25/M11.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts