Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people!

Ive had my likkle MGF for 2 weeks now and I love it more and more every day! :D

Its a 1996 1.8i in BRG, came with the hard top and the MG boot rack too :D

Front

Back

its done 76k miles but had a new engine at 74k as a rad hose split on the motorway and she didn't want to stop! Also it hadn't been used for a year and was just sitting in a garage gathering dust! all for the grand total of £1900!!! anyway, i'm sure I dont need to tell you how great it is to drive round with the roof down and the engine screaming away behind you but i love it!.

James

G

·
Welcome to our world, James! A little beauty you have there... :)

Looks like you'll be smiling a lot more in the next few days as the weather is supposed to improve so lots more topless fun on the cards. ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andie B said:
Welcome to our world, James! A little beauty you have there... :)

Looks like you'll be smiling a lot more in the next few days as the weather is supposed to improve so lots more topless fun on the cards. ;)
Heh, thats what i've been tellin my gf..shes having none of it though so i'll have to just stick to puttin the hood down :D

I've got a few niggles with it at the moment tho, one being that i have to lock the car with the key to stop the interior sensors being active as if a passer by breathes as they walk past it seems to set the alarm off otherwise! that and the fans only work on speeds 3 and 4, but I already know how to fix that thanx to this very forum! :D

James

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,299 Posts
The alarm may need its sensitivity turned down; this can only be done by an ex-MGR or Xpart dealer/garage.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
was hoping i could adjust it if i took the t-bar cover off..looks like i'll have to spend some money :( mind..I did just spend £80 and got the bight look centre console,new gear surround and gaitor and clocks (which i wont be using) so got a little bargain there i think :D just need to make a spacer for the heater controls and get the new knobs, that or get the My2000 heater controls, though they are proving a royal pain to source! :(

James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts