MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Tourerfogey (I'm an old man with a Tourer) - this is my first visit here and I have a couple of questions please

I recently saw a late model Tourer which had a bright stainless steel trim fitted to the top of the rear bumper under the lip of the tailgate. Not seen one before so wondered if anyone else knows if this is a genuine late Tourer factory fitment or an aftermarket accessory?

Also when I run my air conditioning there is a noise which sounds like the exhaust blowing - not experienced this on any other air con equipped car so wondered if it was peculiar to the 75 (1.8 K series by the way - cause not only am I old, I'm also poor).

Hope you can help

Thanks

The Fogey

·
Registered
mg_zt
278 Posts
tourerfogey said:
Hello from Tourerfogey (I'm an old man with a Tourer) - this is my first visit here and I have a couple of questions please

I recently saw a late model Tourer which had a bright stainless steel trim fitted to the top of the rear bumper under the lip of the tailgate. Not seen one before so wondered if anyone else knows if this is a genuine late Tourer factory fitment or an aftermarket accessory?

Also when I run my air conditioning there is a noise which sounds like the exhaust blowing - not experienced this on any other air con equipped car so wondered if it was peculiar to the 75 (1.8 K series by the way - cause not only am I old, I'm also poor).

Hope you can help

Thanks

The Fogey
My 1.8 ZT sounds shocking with the climate turned on, almost embarassing like an old banger, always a relief when i turn it off and the engine note goes back 2 normal.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
549 Posts
My air con sounds like a football slowly deflating on and off, I'm not sure it should sound like that but it still works fine, so maybe a 'they all do that sir'.

I can't recall a stainless trim on the rear bumper of the facelift tourer. Pre facelift had a black plastic trim to stop scuffs when loading or unloading and I think this carried over.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If it's stainless, then it's not original afaik, although not a bad idea. The tourer has as said above a black plastic plate that partially covers the inset part of the bumper, although the bumper paintwork is still easily scratched where not covered.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Welcome to the site and club :)

The air con sounds a bit like a jet engine-that is standard. Might be a pin but not when you are in the car on a day like this and it is blowing nice freezing cold air ;)

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys (and gals?)

Seems that the air con is generally a little noisy then.

The stainless trim I referred to was visible with the tailgate shut and like some have said is an excellent idea to protect the vulnerable top edge of the rear bumper. Seems like I will have to investigate making my own perhaps......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts