MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a previous member of the ffoc darksiders I'd like to just say hello to all the other cheapskate mfs out there.

Nah just kidding really....

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
forehead said:
As a previous member of the ffoc darksiders I'd like to just say hello to all the other cheapskate mfs out there.

Nah just kidding really....
Eh? please explain :lol: :boxedin:

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well according to the motoring press only cheapskate eccentrics drive diesels.

"They are dirty smelly slow cars not suitable for proper driving."

Must admit after the focus I thought the rattly old L series would be a slug but I'm becoming more impressed as time passes.

She might be an old girl but when she needs she can get a proper shift on.

I have read all the tuning mods on RovRons site so am puzzling where to go next.

Exhaust is easy as we make them where I work.

Other mods ok as I get trade on loads of toys.

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
forehead said:
Well according to the motoring press only cheapskate eccentrics drive diesels.

"They are dirty smelly slow cars not suitable for proper driving."

Must admit after the focus I thought the rattly old L series would be a slug but I'm becoming more impressed as time passes.

She might be an old girl but when she needs she can get a proper shift on.

I have read all the tuning mods on RovRons site so am puzzling where to go next.

Exhaust is easy as we make them where I work.

Other mods ok as I get trade on loads of toys.
Ahhh i see now! :lol:

Well, some of the motoring press havnt driven the likes of the Beemer 535 diesel or the Audi 3.0 jobby :drool:

What you got then? sounds like you've planned a load of bits for it.

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really just wanted a little boost to keep them guessing.

I have changed to a set of 15" steels with grey trims and have my boot spoiler waiting for the weather.

I gather a nice 2" zorst with the cat knocked through sounds goood. Next itg filter and a boost tweak via the actuator.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
id go slightly larger than 2'' if possible :) deffo knock the cat out, its a waste of space and mine passed its mot with flying errr smoke haha.....

itg would be cool or any sort of enclosed induction. the boost tweak is a bit pointless unless you can get some extra fueling on board. :)

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So are we saying tunning box is the way forward?

RovRons does not appear to alter fueling or boost or am I reading it wrong. They appear to confuse the ecu into accepting higher boosts.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
rover rons tune AM and tune AM pro for the 200/400 SDi do increase fueling and also have a boost overrun. they are supposedly very very good value for money. if i didnt have a remapped ecu id have one :)

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
no the increase in boost is done via 2 ways......

shortening theactuator arm length (the shorted it is the mor pressure required to open the wastegate)

or buy fiting an dawes device or boots controler :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts