MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have been unwell recently and "off the road" for a few weeks. However, I have been repaired and serviced by local fragrant technicians, passed an MOT and am now restored to full working order. Well, almost full - I was neutered some years ago, so that little bit is no longer totally fit for purpose!

The sun is out, hood down and I am about to get out again and terrorise the locals with my MG. We have a new grandson due next month, a delayed holiday to enjoy and I have a lot of catching up to do - things are definitely looking up. My waving arm is at the ready!

Nigel

G

·
Nigel, so glad to see you, my love. I am glad to hear that all is okay now. Huge hugs to you - xxx Looking forward to seeing you again at the next meet!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Andie. I was "confined to barracks" for a while and had to put up with a period of compulsory inactivity, which I found hard. I hate doing nothing - even lying on a hot, sunny beach doing nothing. But with a long, cold drink and some delectable scenery, that's different!

Nigel

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris T said:
Welcome back Nigel I was wondering if OK as I had not seen you on line for a long time.
You are an observant man - a dangerous species! Thanks for the welcome.

Nigel

G

·
Chris is observant but he is extremely lovely with it and only dangerous with his epee in his hand....!

Had I known you were confined to quarters, Nigel, I would have popped down for a cuppa and a biscuit! ;) :)

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
great to see you posting again Nigel :D

Andie B said:
......and only dangerous with his epee in his hand.......
*googles epee*........thank god for that, nasty images for a while there :shake:

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Welcome back Nigel!.

Just in time for the good weather!:) .

Oh and enjoy the new Grandson!........ Have just become a Grandfather for the first time myself and `our` little Grandaughter is about to be one very spoilt little girl!!:cloud9:

Mike Satur and the MGFC now have some competition for the contents of my wallet!!.......... MOTHERCARE!!!:rotflmao:

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
It's a fencing implement, Pete. Like a shovel, and 6" batten :getcoat:

Good to see you back with us Nigel! We even had a thread as to where you'd got to.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
I need to brush up on the stand-up routine then?

Where are you off to on your hols then, Nigel? Surely you can't have found somewhere nicer than the South West of England to visit? ;)

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
James C said:
I need to brush up on the stand-up routine then?

Where are you off to on your hols then, Nigel? Surely you can't have found somewhere nicer than the South West of England to visit? ;)
maybe Ibstock :err:

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Nigel

You've already noticed that you have been missed by loads of people - glad you are fully repaired and serviced and fit to use for another 12 months.

Also, exceptionally good to see AndieB is able to join us again - Andie dear, you were truly missed but your evil twin has contacted me a couple of times to keep me up to date a bit.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've just got back from a drive over some of my favourite Dartmoor roads and I feel just great! Little traffic, beautiful scenery, clear skies, new-born lambs and foals (aaahh!!), 2 TFs, 1 F, 1 MGB and 1 Midget. But only one wave - the guy in the Midget - and the devils could all see me waving from miles away.

Nigel

1 - 20 of 23 Posts