MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to drag this up again. Can anyone say for definate that the 05 heater knobs will fit directly into pre 05 TF/F's please. Luffield have just given me a price of £9.58 each, I'm sooooo tempted, but thought I'd give it one more try on here to make sure. Thanks peeps y'all.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
petevick said:
Sorry to drag this up again. Can anyone say for definate that the 05 heater knobs will fit directly into pre 05 TF/F's please. Luffield have just given me a price of £9.58 each, I'm sooooo tempted, but thought I'd give it one more try on here to make sure. Thanks peeps y'all.

...I remember visiting Luffield when I was first looking to buy and they seemed very helpful... If I was you Pete, I would pop in, tell them that you dont want to waste £30... can you try one in the car park... if its ok they get a sale of £30 !.....

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
there speaks a Marketing Manager.

If you take that route Pete, let us know the result please - especially the "do they light up" bit.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...I remember visiting Luffield when I was first looking to buy and they seemed very helpful... If I was you Pete, I would pop in, tell them that you dont want to waste £30... can you try one in the car park... if its ok they get a sale of £30 !.....
tried that couple days ago, very definate NO :)

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Convinve them to let you have them "Sale or Return dependant on being fit for the purpose" - you define the purpose before hand.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sprinter said:
Convinve them to let you have them "Sale or Return dependant on being fit for the purpose" - you define the purpose before hand.
tried that today - "sorry sir, don't do SOR" - ba$tards:(

·
Registered
434 Posts
I bought a luggage net from an MG Rover dealer. Tried it out, it was crap. Took it back, told them (more politely) "this is crap" and got my money back. Couldn't you do the same with some knobs?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Tried at the main dealer in Cardiff just now, they got very agitated at the thought of removing a knob!!! I had one of my knobs to compare in my pocket, but they just wanted to get me out through the door. I won't be buying an 05 TF there then. But if 05 knobs fit, who cares, I'll have an 05 look a like (hood down).

Please someone, make a better try than me, and put us all out of this misery.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Pete... go to friargate... they will let you do it (in fact I bet the 2 ladies on the service desk will know whether they fit anyway.... they know everything... in fact tell them you are off the MG-rover.org forum... they know we are all mad on here so are bound to help)

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
you could just ask them if it fits if they say yes and it dosnt your entitled to a full money back refund! fit for purpose and all that!

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
Pete... go to friargate... they will let you do it (in fact I bet the 2 ladies on the service desk will know whether they fit anyway.... they know everything... in fact tell them you are off the MG-rover.org forum... they know we are all mad on here so are bound to help)
or pop inside and see jeanette, one of the salespeople. and she should remember me if u name drop my name, she should be more than happy to help.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
deelunn said:
you could just ask them if it fits if they say yes and it dosnt your entitled to a full money back refund! fit for purpose and all that!
I did ask Dee, they will not commit themselves, I don't blame them really.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
i tought you could get a refund on any product anywhere as long as it was returned in its orginal condition?

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
Pete don't do it, those heater knobs are awful things. It'ed be like buying a banana coloured TF, you just wouldn't have that much bad taste would y............ Oh! :fim: :dddc: :lol:

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
David Mills said:
Pete don't do it, those heater knobs are awful things. It'ed be like buying a banana coloured TF, you just wouldn't have that much bad taste would y............ Oh! :fim: :dddc: :lol:
as a moderator i have to err on the side of caution and show a level of responsibilty and respect. ;)

but..... :lol: :bgrin2: :lol: :bgrin2: :lol: :bgrin2: :lol: :bgrin2: :lol:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
David Mills said:
bollox.....

and......

ModWhoShouldKnowBetterButObviouslyHasNothingBetterToDoToday said:
as a moderator i have to err on the side of caution and show a level of responsibilty and respect. ;)

but..... :lol: :bgrin2: :lol: :bgrin2: :lol: :bgrin2: :lol: :bgrin2: :lol:
double bollox.....

no offence, obviously :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts