MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
yep the peg had slipped on wifes too which sorted it but you do need to be a contortionist to get at it specialy if you got big hands get the wife to do it thats easier lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
heater controle

Thanks For your help people i had a mecachnic fix the problem a plastic pin was of the track he fixed it an hours labour not bad . the car is to new for me to break
Regards Alan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why is most of the text blocked out by these big solid grey circles all joined together like this OOOOO but in sold grey& vertical from top to bottom of the article.....you can't read all of the text...ridiculous!

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,928 Posts
I can’t replicate the problem, loaded the site on all sorts of browsers on different operating systems and can’t see any issues with readability.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for your help all.

My problem re my MGF TF is:
My MGF TF heater control's don't work properly.
  • The fan speed control is fine, But:
  • The heater control won't change the temperature from hot although it moves round okay.
  • The control to move the heating around from say windscreen to foot well just spins around loose & I don't know how to access them from behind the control panel.
Can anyone help please.
Thanks
Rich

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,928 Posts
The panels that contain the foot well lights can be unscrewed and removed that should allow you to be able to see what is going on. Have you removed the heater control knobs to see if they are still attached properly?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Chris

No I'm not sure how to remove them....do they just pull off. I've only just got this car & I don't want to break the control knobs due to ignorance.
To be honest I thought that the front panel which houses the control knobs & Stereo would be the panel to take out if possible.
Cheers

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,208 Posts
The knobs do pull off, but are a tight fit, so care is needed to remove them without damage.

The knob that is loose probably has a split in the plastic and is no longer gripping onto the shaft. It will probably pull off OK as a result, and can easily be replaced with a good one from a breaker. There is a spring steel collar which keeps the plastic knob and shaft firmly together - make sure you get the existing one off before trying to fit a replacement (and if it is missing from the replacement, you can use it for that).

As you say the heat control knob turns alright, but does not alter the heat coming from the vents, it would suggest that it is probably the cable that has either become detached or is broken at one end or the other.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts