MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Heater blower

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mark Reed 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

My heater motor stopped working after making a noise, I stripped it out and found some sort of gasket caught up in it, I checked the motor by connecting it to the battery and its working fine, after putting it back in its still dead.

I checked the fuses under the bonnet, they were all fine, can someone advise me as to a reason for the fault, not sure if there are other fuses somewhere on the car.

Thanks
Mark.

#3 ·
and the gasket is probably the weather-gasket that goes between the air-intake/rusty box and the front compartment. What Roverlike is asking is 'are your speed controller resisters open-circuit?'- because that what usually tops the 'fan working' - They are on a board accessible in the heater chamber- you need to get down on your knees and have a light down to see the litte accces panel on the side of the chamber on the passeneger footwell, middle of the car. Its an arse getting to it but a common fault. You remove it after taking the wires off it and solder new nichrome wires- get them off ebay.

#5 ·
Hi guys, the fuse was at fault, found them under the drivers side panel 20 amp, the resistor was also blown, changed both now its working correctly, if the gasket was for weather I'd better get something to replace it, I don't use the car in he winter so its not urgent, thanks for the reply's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.