MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya :minxy:

One of the contacts has broke for my heated rear screen, Looked in Halfrauds and they have stopped selling it!!

Does this stuff actually work? and where else can i get it from??

Cheers peeps :D

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
Halfords have stopped selling what exactly???

I assume you mean the spade terminal has come off the glass??

Superglue a spade terminal back on, the use some silver conductive paint to remake the connection between the terminal and the track on the glass..

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
I think he means that they've stopped selling the conductive paint. Most good motorfactors will still have it or be able to get it for you.

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
E_T_V said:
I think he means that they've stopped selling the conductive paint. Most good motorfactors will still have it or be able to get it for you.
Oh right...

Maplin, RS components, Farnell..etc..etc

If you are really stuck I can get some for ya!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:iwstupid:

Must of had a blonde moment then, I meant to say that Halfords have stopped selling the repair kit to repair the connection between the spade and screen :minxy:

Sorry for the confusion :lol:

So if i superglue it back onto the glass and then put some of the conductive paint over the spade terminal and around it - Will that work??

Cheers for the help peeps :cloud9:

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
It should do.....I have used that method myself before.

Some terminals are soldered onto the metallic substrate on the edge of the glass, if yours is like this it would be better to try soldering the new tag to any solder that might be left, then use the paint as well.

·
Registered
712 Posts
When I first read the Thread, it looked a bit like the problem I had.

One of the actual traces on the rear screen looks burnt/broken. It's barely recognisable, only until you demist the rear screen and you notice a inch thick line of condensation across the window.

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
The cause will be a small break in the "track" that runs accross the screen. This commony happens when someone scratches the rear scren with somethign so scraping the conductive later off of the glass. silver conductive paint can be used to repair the break in the track and so make it work correctly again.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
sorry to resurect this thread but i have the same problem.

i haved glued the spade back on and used a silver conductive pen on it but it hasnt worked. anyone got any other ideas?

cheers
rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts