MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MG TF 115
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone advise the rear heated window on my mg tf 115 2004 is fine and it’s connector is perfect, however the connector on the lead that it should connect too isn’t there just two cable ends. I have searched to find what type of connector is required but haven’t been successful. If anyone has an idea and also if the cable is colour coded which terminal would I need to wire it into I would be very grateful.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,681 Posts
Is this the plug on the car body side or the hood/hardtop side? The hardtop harness is part number YMT100030 but it isn’t available new. If you have a glass window in the hood it an aftermarket part so if it is like mine it came with two crimped spade connectors.

·
Registered
mg_tf
711 Posts
Hi Dogrose-
Just to be clear, are you saying that the cable in the car which connects to the heated rear window is cut off short? The wiring is hidden under the soundproofing on the' parcel shelf' on the nearside, to be sure we're talking about the same thing.
If someone really has cut it short you could add a new plug either by soldering and shrink-wrapping, or with spade connectors. Can you stick up a picture of what you've got?
I don't know if you can buy just the plug on its own, but I do have a dead TF and if it really is just the connector you need I could snip it off for you.

·
Registered
MG TF 115
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Chris T and Skellum. Thank you both for your responses. It is definitely the cable that connects the car to the hard top heated rear window. We have only had the car a few months and we had the soft top on, but coming autumn we decided to put the hard top on which had come with the car following the manual we found these cable on the near side just where the soft top folds down. But all that was there was a cable with no connector just twin cable with bare ends.

·
Registered
97 BRG MGF. 2009 SKODA SUPERB.
444 Posts
Hi Chris T and Skellum. Thank you both for your responses. It is definitely the cable that connects the car to the hard top heated rear window. We have only had the car a few months and we had the soft top on, but coming autumn we decided to put the hard top on which had come with the car following the manual we found these cable on the near side just where the soft top folds down. But all that was there was a cable with no connector just twin cable with bare ends.
Hi, just solder or crimp some spade connectors to the cables then connect up to the window and cover them with insulation of your choice. Regards. D4KGP.

·
Registered
Starlight Silver MG TF 135
174 Posts
Dogrose, do you have the switch and relay already in your car? if not, you will need to install both to make those wires "Live". (sorry if this is obvious and you had already worked this out.) I bought my switch & relay from MGFnTFBITZ, but Rimmers and others also supply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts