MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Last year I fitted the switch for my heated rear window.
As it happened I never bothered using my hard top, but I have this query:
All the switches in the row above the console, but beneath the stereo are illuminated when the cars lights are on apart from the Heated rear screen switch that I fitted !
I havn't yet connected the additional wiring that goes from the back of the TF to the contacts on the Rear screen,
Would this make a difference ?
Can anyone give me any clues as to why this switch isn't illuminated ?
I'm not thinking of fitting my hardtop as the good weather approaches, but just wanted to check it all works !

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Would that make a difference to the switch night-time illumination.

IIRC that should only affect the tell tale that illuminates when the circuit is switched on.

I reckon it is the bulb in the switch being blown.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Chris, I did put the Relay in.

Do you think it might be because I have yet to connect the Cable to the wiring hidden in the parcel shelf ?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It isn't a bulb it is a yellow 12V LED. Here is a photo of the innards of said switch.

Note that where I have a clear LED and Resistor, there would be another yellow 12V LED.

I would check whether the LED was connected properly, but my money is on the wiring to the switch.

Iain

·
Registered
mg_tf
350 Posts
Did you check that the connector is plugged into the switch? The instructions imply that you just push the switch into the dash but the connector is trailling by it's wires. I ended up taking the side panels off to push the connector in from behind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks chaps..............Thats really helpfull.

I'll check the switch is fitted properly first of all and then I'll look at the possability of a blown buld/led.

Thanks again,

Justin:happy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts