MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am intrested in buying a new HID kit for my f . I have a problem though

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=185324

There is a yellow mist comming from the dipped old headlight. Even after replacing uprated lights. The chrome does not need replacing and the light unit holding the bulb in place was very dirty. This has been cleaned (not perfect) There is still a yellow mist

I think I now need to take the headlight protector off and clean the glass unit facing me, as I have already cleaned all the part where the bulb goes.

The link for the HID kit is here priced at £139.99

I now have two options

1. Buy a new complete headlight unit at around £140

2. Go for the HID kit

Option 2 is what I am intending to do however, I am concerned about this yellow mist that can be seen - it is very faint when the lamp is off and obious when the lamp is on.

Any suggestions ???
:dunno:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I am intrested in buying a new HID kit for my f . I have a problem though

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=185324

There is a yellow mist comming from the dipped old headlight. Even after replacing uprated lights. The chrome does not need replacing and the light unit holding the bulb in place was very dirty. This has been cleaned (not perfect) There is still a yellow mist

I think I now need to take the headlight protector off and clean the glass unit facing me, as I have already cleaned all the part where the bulb goes.

The link for the HID kit is here priced at £139.99

I now have two options

1. Buy a new complete headlight unit at around £140

2. Go for the HID kit

Option 2 is what I am intending to do however, I am concerned about this yellow mist that can be seen - it is very faint when the lamp is off and obious when the lamp is on.

Any suggestions ???
:dunno:
HID's are definately a worthwhile mod, but may not cure the yellow most issue - have you tried removing the headlight protectors yet? most of the ones i've seen have a slightly yellow hue to them, so it could be that if its not the chrome on the headlight bowls thats at fault. Incidentally, you can get a Bosch HID kit of extremely high quality on Ebay (speaking from experience - i fitted one last month and its the business!) for around 100 quid delivered from Hong Kong......

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By removing the headlight protectors requires me to remove the indicators and bumper right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts