MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
ive been lookin at some phillips and some others, i know this may sound abit stupid but whts the difference between H4 and H7?

I have a 214 so which will be best for that?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
H7 are your dipped lights, H1 are your main beam, H4 are mainly an older type of bulb, although still used in modern cars with dipped and main beam in the same bulb. (Details above for R25)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 98 version with H4 bulbs. After trying a couple of different bulb types I concluded that the HID versions gave a 'blueish' tint but even the Philips Vision Plus and Blue Vision didn't increase road light very much. Then I tried the Philip X-Treme. Although not blue these are very good on both beams and well worth the £25 a pair!

·
Registered
734 Posts
They are road legal :) brightest road legal bulbs you can buy lol. I have them too and am also dead impressed with them, despite the ridiculous price

·
Registered
533 Posts
lol kk will do. you know if phillips do extreme H4 HID bulbs? and where to get em cuz i couldent find them on ebay.

I am looking for ones that give a slight ice blue titnt.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,688 Posts
Too true that. I had some annoying twerp with blue LED's in a Corsa SXi thingy try and show off to his bint by sitting on my arse flashing his lights. Stupid child.
I removed him from my vision by putting my foot down and showing it some V6 grunt.
I think some people assume the V6 badge on the 75 is for show....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts