MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of July I'm taking my family, the ZT-T and a well loaded roof box camping in France. I've been having a reading into what I need to have in the car as I hear the French police aren't to friendly. One item I have a question about is the Headlamp beam converters. I obviously need to get some to alter the headlamp beam for driving at night but with the fairly unique lamp setup on the R75 and ZT (4 individual lamps) I wondered whether the standard stick on converters you can buy from Halfords will be ok. I looked at the shop and found that XPart sell a set of converters for the ZT (part XBQ100810) but they're £33.86! So, do I NEED to purchase them or will the Halfords one suffice.

·
Registered
399 Posts
First thing to check is that you have standard headlights rather than Xenon or HID (?) lights? I have Xenons, and these have an switch in the headlight body that you flick over to get the continental driving set-up.

Assuming that you have standard headlights, I would imagine that the area to which you have to apply the deflector will be outlined on the lamp's surface.

For heaven's sake don't spend any money on kits from Halfrauds or anyone else :eek:mg2: Just tape off the outlined areas with electrical masking tape! It's perfectly legal, only takes a couple of minutes to put on and take off, leaves no trace afterwards, won't fall off while you're on holiday, and best of all will cost you about 3p per headlight! :D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Interesting - the thought occurs to me before I hit Spain next month - do I need headlamp converters on the projectors I have just installed?

Alex? are you there? :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
jamescj said:
Interesting - the thought occurs to me before I hit Spain next month - do I need headlamp converters on the projectors I have just installed?

Alex? are you there? :)
Hi Christopher,

I think you'll find the projectors work the same as my Xenons. If this is the case, then there'll be a grey cover on the back of the light assembly. Just slip this off, and look inside for a flat silver switch. This is how the beam is adjusted.

I assume you only have to adjust the dipped beam btw, as the main beams I think just go straight ahead, and of course have to be dipped for oncoming traffic in whatever country

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Womble said:
Hi Christopher,

I think you'll find the projectors work the same as my Xenons. If this is the case, then there'll be a grey cover on the back of the light assembly. Just slip this off, and look inside for a flat silver switch. This is how the beam is adjusted.

I assume you only have to adjust the dipped beam btw, as the main beams I think just go straight ahead, and of course have to be dipped for oncoming traffic in whatever country
Great! thanks - I'll take a look and report back. Great if it is just a lever, one less thing to "forget" :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all your replies, I have the standard headlamps so some tape sounds like a great idea.

And to think I was contemplating spending £30+, this is such a great forum!

·
Registered
399 Posts
bubble_clone said:
thanks for all your replies, I have the standard headlamps so some tape sounds like a great idea.

And to think I was contemplating spending £30+, this is such a great forum!
'Tis a pleasure to be of assistance! Mind you, it still leaves me a long way short of repaying all the help I've had on here! :bgrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts