MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Headlamp adjustment

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  R8NMG 
#1 ·
I'm going to France soon and I was wondering if there was any headlamp adjustment for driving on the right or do I need to get some stick on covers?

#3 ·
Having read the entire 318 page handbook with no mention of what to do, I contacted the MG Centre and their advice is go to Halfords.

If you’re going to France the law also states you need a spare set of bulbs, this presents a couple of problems a) the handbook doesn’t show you how to change the headlamp bulbs b) If you drive an Exclusive the bulbs can cost over £60 each depending on where you buy them.

#5 ·
If you?re going to France the law also states you need a spare set of bulbs, this presents a couple of problems a) the handbook doesn?t show you how to change the headlamp bulbs b) If you drive an Exclusive the bulbs can cost over £60 each depending on where you buy them.
The Xenon D3S bulbs in the Exclusive are Osram Xenarc. They aren't hard to change but a bit fiddly especially the offside due to the air box in the way. You might also want to pull the fuse out to change due to the high voltage involve. The Xenon bulbs could last up to 10 years. If you want to stay legal you can always buy a set of unbranded D3S bulbs which I see can to be had for around £20 a pair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.