MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
I've just fried an exhaust valve of my 1993's 820 si. But I still own a 16 complete engine, and wonder if the M series head would fit my T series...
Has anyone tried or done such a fit???
I'm by the way lookin after 8 exhaust vaves, if anyone has some...

G

·
M series heads fit T series blocks and vice versa. I have no idea how well a T block/M head combo will run (due to cam timing, profiles etc.)

G

·
I don't know if that would work but you could surely get hold of 1 T series exhaust valve from an engine reconditioner, Xpart dealer, Rimmer Brothers, Best of British Rover (0121 526 5444) or a Land Rover dealer (the 2 litre Discovery had the T series)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes but they're a little bit... errr... expensive!!4 valves for 100 pounds, and the complete head gasket set for 120 pounds!!!I was thinking of fitting my camshafts and pulleys in my M series head to have the correct timing...

G

·
May I suggest that you shop around? Those prices are very expensive. You can pick up a complete 820 for the cost of those valves, liberate the head and sell the rest to cover costs.

Best of British Rover (0121) 526 5444 do complete head gasket sets for £40.

A ring around "Engine Reconditioners" from the Yellow Pages may throw up a more sensible price for the valves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone purchased anything from The Gasket Shop on Ebay?I've just been offered 59£ for 8 valves, 40£ for the head gasket set, 12£ for the head bolts and 25£ for p+p to France!What do you think???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts