MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a few questions please if you don't mind answering.

I may want to get the head gasket done on my mg zs 120. I was wondering if it is a similar process if I wanted to get the clutch and head gasket replaced at the same time.

I want to know because price wise if it is the sort of same job then it would make sense to get them done at the same time and save money.

What sort of price are we looking at for the head gasket and clutch replacement?

The problems I am currently having are slow coolant loss and I have started to notice some kind of black thick oily stuff on the oil tank opening under the cap.

About the clutch, the car sometimes judders when starting off in 1st gear and the gears are sometimes hard to put in and are stiff, also most of the time it is hard to put it into reverse as it makes a weird sound so I have to do it again then it works.

I would be really grateful if you could reply to my questions so I can think about doing something about this.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Hi, it would be £550 all in for the head gasket replacement and clutch replacement, all supplied and fitted.
I'd prefer to do the work at my unit though if that was possible. I do have a vehicle i could lend you while i'm repairing yours.

Kindest Regards

·
Registered
mg_zs
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I ask the cost of just the clutch replacement price?

If I need it doing I will contact you.

Thanks

·
Registered
mg_tf
11 Posts
Hi, it would be £550 all in for the head gasket replacement and clutch replacement, all supplied and fitted.
I'd prefer to do the work at my unit though if that was possible. I do have a vehicle i could lend you while i'm repairing yours.

Kindest Regards
Hey, I contacted mg solutions to do a head gasket and coolant pipes. BUT Russell can't do it till June most likely. Can you guys come to my location in Devon and fit whats required before then. How much would you charge for parts, labour, travel and VAT.

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Hi, it would be £275 for the head gasket if it's a non vvc, or £305 vvc.
SS pipes are supplied and fitted at £100 with a HG replacement.
Plus fuel which i'd need a postcode to calculate fuel costs for you, (feel free to PM this to me).
Please call 07595708278 to discuss/book in. We have early May available.
Kind regards x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts