MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You'll all to have to excuse my inheriant lack of mechanical knowledge but... i've got a 1.4 k8 mpi engine in my metro at the moment but want more power...

I'm under the impression that the k series 16v head would fit onto an 8v block without any problems? or am i overlooking huge issues that i'd have to get around? are there issues with cam belt tensioners etc?

was thinking about a 1.6 or 1.8 vvc conversion at some point, but for the time being thought it would be relatively inexpensive to bring my engine from 75bhp up to 103 with just a head change?!

p.s. can you get hold of those triple metal head gasket thingies with metal dowels for a 1.4 k16?

Any input is well appreciated, thanks guys..

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
The head will bolt straight on with the 16v manifolds both inlet and exhaust and 16v cambelt are needed. so buy a brand new cambelt and the landrover head gasket.

The catch 22 is if the piston tops have both sets of valve cut outs for 8v and 16v heads, all the late r100 mpi's do and members of metropower have done this a few times and not knowing anyone that havn't but wouldn't like to say for certain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts