MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just PM'd Dee and she has agreed to help :D, so this time it will get done.

so we thought we should start by asking you lot what you would want from the site.

Andy.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
We don't need another forum do we ?

...User profiles would be good though
I think we should have a TF forum. One that is unbiased, open free and moderated. Im much the same was as the MX5, MR2 and lotus people have.

A one stop place for TF and F'ers Thats up all the time. User friendly and has a good userbase.

Then this could be used for peope all over as a standard base much in the way the F register should be. It could them be linked to from other peoples websites so we have a one for all forum where everybody there for the same reason.

Good/bad idea?

·
Registered
67 Posts
How about a section made up of Andy's posts on here as a technical guide.

And possible a blog for members to state what they are doing and why.

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Yes. FAQs would be essential (HGF, leaking windows, antifreeze, etc) and a technical section. Robs and Dieters sites contain most things but it would be great to have it in a central place with saome updated pictures, how to's etc. Problem is that takes a lot of work.

For sale/wanted TF/F specifically section.

Picture gallery

Useful links

Wait a minute. we really just want this place, onlt better , right ;)

Oh and no sections on soft tops etc as it is a HCHDC site :D :naughty:

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
dont really want to make a forum that would rival this one. cos i no steve would be pi$$ed off slightly when ours is better than his! just joking steve!

but all the other ideas are sounding good!

·
Registered
434 Posts
....anybody else noticed how "sticky" this forum has got since Deano's been a mod ?
Is that anything to do with the naked .... no I wont go there.

Will there be a list of rules for HCHDC membership?
I want to be a member and have driven in the rain and snow hood down but got no evidence, yet.
Also do established members have to reapply annually to prove they've not gone "soft"?

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
straffs said:
Is that anything to do with the naked .... no I wont go there.

Will there be a list of rules for HCHDC membership?
I want to be a member and have driven in the rain and snow hood down but got no evidence, yet.
Also do established members have to reapply annually to prove they've not gone "soft"?
I also have driven in the rain and snow hood down but got no evidence and want to be a member.

Also, can we see evidence of the female members with there tops down, only fair I feel :minxy:

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
AndyBrad said:
I think we should have a TF forum. One that is unbiased, open free and moderated. Im much the same was as the MX5, MR2 and lotus people have.
Fine if you want it to end up like the MG BBS. Like it or not, moderation is required on public forums... And most places aren't as good as we are about it here.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
i dont want a forum! steve it wasnt me! lol i totally agree tho it would mean moderators and loads more bandwidth! i think it should work alongside this forum and not rival it! i think someone shoudl write a code and have to submit photos to recieve membership. i mean anyone could just pretend they had driven in snow couldnt they?!??!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Yeah a forum would takin the piss a bit, you guy already cut urselves off from the rest of the MG Rover driving world in ur little MGF/TF section...!!!

:cus:

I'm just jealous really :D

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Think there is a BIG TF/F split on here, another forum ? how daft is it really?as it's heading bbs way think i wil just stay with bbs, used to like this forum as was different,can't say i really understand whats going on here latelyreally but find im'e poppingin less and less,and don't think im'e the only one,lokks like you have a forum for about the 6 of you, Dave

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
i dont think anyone else really wants another forum - i think it was just a suggestion that has quickly been dismissed!

i think everyone shoudl remember its a website about the HCHDC and only that. nothing more! so all topics that fit under that title will be allowed in if its not it wont! im sure andy agrees with me on that!

·
Registered
434 Posts
DAVIDT6DCM said:
Think there is a BIG TF/F split on here, another forum ? how daft is it really?as it's heading bbs way think i wil just stay with bbs, used to like this forum as was different,can't say i really understand whats going on here latelyreally but find im'e poppingin less and less,and don't think im'e the only one,lokks like you have a forum for about the 6 of you, Dave
Have to disagree with you. I can't see a TF/F split, seems to me there's equal representation (remember the recent poll) and everyone tries to help regardless of model.

The bbs is OK but there's a lot of "pickyness" on there, I lurk a couple of times a week.

And a forum for 6! there's hundreds on here. And in the F/TF section there's far more posts than the bbs and far more activity.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts