MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to take my hardtop off this weekend, but to my horror, the zip on the rear window has failed in the down position, therefore I will have to keep the hardtop on! OH NO

·
Registered
mg_tf
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
things have taken a totally different direction nowadays. Its all about totally unrelated things now like "padded cells" etc. We have lost the old school feel which i used to enjoy. Where us Mr Freak nowadays, i think we need him back!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
G105ALY said:
things have taken a totally different direction nowadays. Its all about totally unrelated things now like "padded cells" etc. We have lost the old school feel which i used to enjoy. Where us Mr Freak nowadays, i think we need him back!
....so true, we are lost without our El-Presidenta :rocker:

...but G105ALY, you can never go back, though I do think I might try and dig out the old HCHDC logo

·
Registered
mg_tf
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will probably get told off for voicing my opinion but i really think that so many boring wasted threads are posted at the mo. Bring back the logo, would love to have it adorning my desktop again! Is it just me or did the forums used to be so much more informative, i am sure we have seen a drop in the use from gurus such as SF, Sharky etc during recent times.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
G105ALY said:
i will probably get told off for voicing my opinion but i really think that so many boring wasted threads are posted at the mo. Bring back the logo, would love to have it adorning my desktop again! Is it just me or did the forums used to be so much more informative, i am sure we have seen a drop in the use from gurus such as SF, Sharky etc during recent times.

...not sure I agree my friend, I just think that maybe some of the more usual stuff you've probably heard before so you think its boring, to new people its probably quite interesting.... as for SF and Sharkey, well I think Steve has been busy off working somewhere, and as for Andy, I think he may have exhausted himself with a pretty epic explanation of HGF postings.... so not sure I agree with you entirly on that one either

edit:... but I dont think you will get told off for having an opinion matey... we are a still a free forum :)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
ahhh i must admit the old (or new to me) HCHDC seems a bit lacking of late. Anyways i do think it has dropped off a late. infact the whole tf area has. Although now threads you start get moved without notification to other areas of the board to try and keep things "on topic" and relevent. Although this is a whole other argument.

Wasnt there a HCHDC website as well?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Big Brother is Watching, :bigeyes: and over moderation will P people off methinks in the end, as takes away freedom of spontaneity comments,you will find just the same few posting time and time again, seen it before,think site still in check from whatever happened on the Andieb thing ,as mentioned before some peeps are either fed up of having there posts moved or taken off as waffled on too much,i rather tend just to come on and have a peep now,Dave

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
I spoke to Hash (aka el presidente) about the HCHDC logo etc just a couple of weeks ago. The issue is bandwidth apparently. The logo in the sig wasted tonnes of bandwidth and slowed everything up. The Freak did resurect the HCHDC thread in February, but didn't get much response.
The HCHDC website never really got going. It was set up by Andyblac who shortly after disappeared off the forum for a while until his TF appeared in MG World.

Obviously with me drifting off teh forum for a month or so doing 7 days a week at work I have mised the AndieB thing, so I have no idea what happened there or why it would have affected the site. Though I don't remember seeing many posts from her recently.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
where has hash gone? he used to be here constantly! he aint changed his car or anything has he?

or is paula taking up all of his time ;)

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
deelunn said:
where has hash gone? he used to be here constantly! he aint changed his car or anything has he?

or is paula taking up all of his time ;)
:rotflmao: No he's in Hong Kong!

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
aaaaah ha! that will explain why your on here more often then! just joking paula!

bring back the hdhdc!

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
deelunn said:
aaaaah ha! that will explain why your on here more often then! just joking paula!

bring back the hdhdc!
Yeah no one to play with!! :twak: Not to mention it makes the working day all the more pleasant!! Maybe we should elect ourselves as the hdhdc secretaries?? :hyper:

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
you saying girls are only good for being secretaries like? eh eh? (in a charva voice type of way!) am i bovvered?!

i see myself as more of a directory or silent partner actually!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Maybe it is because most faults/advice needed sort of threads have already been covered and people do the right thing and use the search box before posting a new thread. That leaves chit chat and "irrelevant" topics to gas on about when we can't be *rsed doing any work!! It's nice to know about other folk on the forum though, where they are, hold old they are etc etc.

I can assure you the HCHDC extreme snow division is well and thriving and coincidentally I had the pleasure of passing 2 Z4's driving in tandem on the motorway yesterday, both with their roofs up. I especially enjoyed tutting and shaking my head at them as I blatted past 'em top down and stereo on (it was only spitting but hey rain is rain!!!) :cloud9:

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
ahh the good old days.
after all these years the forum is probably even better than ever i reckon.
in the beginning, we used to get only a small selection of constant posters, and we spent hours upon hours talking about crap and trying to help others, nowadays there are a huge number of more members who post constantly. so as a f/tf society i think we have grown, not only in numbers but also in knowledge, intelligence and silliness!!

as far as deleted posts go, i am not aware of any posts being deleted..i know i havent deleted any yet, and if any have been deleted then they must have contravined forum rules, and been either illegal or abusive. and threads that have been moved have always been left with the redirects still there so u cna still see the thread, but it has been moved to an area of the forum where it is better suited.

a general lack of moderation meant that this area of the forum was in fear of slipping into a f/tf lounge!! so a tighter grip of the reigns will be used but only to keep the site as good as it can possbily be. the situation with andieB brought this to a head.

so in tribute to the old days and the new batch of mad f/tf drivers that are on here at the moment, i have reintroduced my HCHDC sig.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
MG Deano said:
....so in tribute to the old days and the new batch of mad f/tf drivers that are on here at the moment, i have reintroduced my HCHDC sig.
errr, can't see a thing, there is something flashing for a split second, but nothing permanent.

I'm still waiting to be considered for HCHDC membership, having been driving in snow, hood down, three days in a row this year, no evidence tho, just my word as a gentleman and a scholar ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts