MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I've currently got my whole engine out of the car. I've had the head skimmed and a new block put in. While the engine was out the mechanic (Russell) told me i needed a new clutch as well.

My question to you guys is, while the engine is out what else should i buy now and have replaced to save future expenses in this area. I have already bought the following to be fitted-

AP Clutch
Mike Satur upgraded clutch release arm
Lambda sensor
Underfloor water pipes
Cam belt
Cam belt tensioner

Russell says he will supply and fit a new water pump too.

Is there anything esle i've missed?

Kind regards

Jason

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Alternator drive belt

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
If funds permit, I would be tempted to put a lightened fly-wheel on whilst the whole engine is out. By no means is this an essential mod but if you can, then why not?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both comments so far.

1) Check, i'll make sure thats fitted too
2) I cant really afford to buy parts that dont NEED to be bought. The job so far with all parts and labour is around £1,300!!!!!!!!!!

·
Never forgotten
16,723 Posts
Definitely the water pump and ancillary drive belts. Personally I don't like light flywheels on a car that is intended for road use.

I guess the cam oil seals have been changed? If not they should be. The only other one I can think of is the oil pressure relief valve. They tend to get a bit scuffed up and are easier to change with engine out.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Trophy air box
Non OEM fuel pressure valve
Automatic fire extinguisher which works when a fire detected(!)
Low water warning light
Porting head
Exhaust manifold - non OEM 4/2/1
racelogic traction control

£2000 excl labour I guess in the UK
Chrome valve cover

1 - 7 of 7 Posts