MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got a very weird problem with my MG ZS and just wondered if anyone has ever heard of anything similar...

Baiscally the heater fan has started acting up, its still operates at different speeds with each setting, so i know the resistors haven't blown, but...

When i turn right it switches off altogether and when i drive straight it operates at less speed than usual, but if i turn left it operates at its normal old speed. So effectively I can only get full fan speed when i'm turning left on a roundabout.

This has been going on for a couple of weeks, and I can't think what could be causing it... any suggestions?!

Matt.

·
Registered
cityrover
3,409 Posts
Only things ringing bells here are electrical dry joints causing a full or semi connection depending on what the car is doing.
Only real thing I can suggest is to pop the resistor pack out and check the connections on that, pop the heater switch out and ditto and hope it's one of those. Give the cables a wiggle, check the multiplugs and see if anything's loose. Obvious maybe, but all I can think of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts